The Sports Soapbox: A Full Dose of Your Daily Sports

Thursday, August 31, 2006

So I just had my first fantasy draft of the year...
AND I ROCKED IT!

So I thought I'd share the happenings of my draft with y'all.

I was selected to pick #5. Ouch. This is my least favorite position in this years's draft. No chance whatsoever of having one of the big 3 slip, and stuck with either an unproven steven jackson, an aging tiki who has an improving goal line back on his team, or portis and his bum shoulder. So I got on the horn and started making some noise. And I actually found someone who wanted number 5! My buddy Chong was picking at the nine spot and I got him to trade the first 2 rounds only, leaving me to pick 5th again in the third round. This was exactly what I wanted as I actually liked several of the projected late first round RBs better. I personally believe that if you look at the schedule and opportunity to be the sole back, that Ronnie Brown is poised for a HUGE year. I actually think he could put up top 5 fantasy stats. And yes indeed, he fell to me at number 9. After the snake pick team 10 took steve smith and lamont jordan I found myself reunited with my team's hero of last year, Rudi Johnson. (For those of you who didn't have him on your team you probably don't remember that with the Bengal's game already sewn up in week 16 ((our championship week and I was playing for the title)) on a basic run play to run the clock out he busted up three would be tacklers and scored a touchdown as if he knew my fantasy team needed those 6 points.)) Shaun Alexander was my MVP, but Rudi was the hero. Ok, enough reminicing of championships past. I had a new aquad to worry about. And in the third pick in the third round the second QB was taken. And it was Eli Manning! The player with the fourth pick had reached to grab Peyton Manning at #4 overall and already had his QB, and so I found myself with Carson Palmer after having grabbed 2 RBs already. Personally I think Carson could end up being the #1 FF QB again. He looked healthy and great in that preseason game and his offense is loaded both in the line and the skill positions.

After 3 rounds I was thrilled. I got the RB I liked best after the top 3, and if you've been reading I personally don't believe in either LJ or Alexander this year. So really I got my 2nd ranked RB, a very reliable second RB, and my #1 ranked QB.
But from there it kept going. I got chester taylor in the fourth, santana moss in the fifth, mike bell in the 6th, deangalo williams in the 7th, donte stallworth in the 8th, ben watson in the 9th (trust me kids...this is the TE you want!!!) and I wrapped up the draft a few rounds later by grabbing maurice morris who just so happens to back up the current owner of the madden cover jinx, Shaun Alexander.

You tell me...but I think I have a sick team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home